Daniel M. O’Hara is a co-founding partner of McLoughlin O’Hara, LLP.
He is a counselor and litigator who advises clients in real estate and commercial matters.
Dan represents purchasers and sellers, landlords and tenants, borrowers and lenders, and developers on a variety of purchase and sale, leasing, and finance transactions involving residential, commercial, and mixed-use properties.
He also represents clients in the state and federal courts of New York in real estate and commercial disputes involving investors, partners, lenders, and contractors.
Dan is committed to providing his clients with sophisticated, personalized legal counsel to efficiently achieve their goals.
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., Business Law and Financial Services (Boston, Massachusetts)
- The College of the Holy Cross, B.A., English (Worcester, Massachusetts)
- New York
- New Jersey
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of New York
- Dan began his legal career as an intern with the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office in Camden, New Jersey.
- Dan took his first position out of law school as a law clerk for the Securities Regulation firm of Brunelle and Hadjikow.
- Dan then transitioned into Entertainment Law with the firm of Jekielek & Janis, LLP.
- Dan then found more specific real estate experience working with the law firm of Heiberger & Associates, P.C.
- Dan then opening his own law office and eventually partnered with Todd McLoughlin, Esq.
- Successful Cases/Matters
- Appellate Success in the Appellate Division, First Department on the case of Enchantments Inc. v 424 E. 9th LLC 2015 NY Slip Op 05409 Decided on June 23, 2015
- Settled Six-Figure Apartment Buy-out in 2015 involving rent-controlled tenants and building owner
- Lender Representation
- Dan proudly represents the following lenders in residential transactions in New York
- Bank of England Mortgage
- Citizens Bank